Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 12:14:30 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the net-next tree, today's linux-next build (perf) failed
like this:

In file included from btf.c:10:0:
btf.h:25:24: error: redundant redeclaration of 'btf__type_by_id' [-Werror=redundant-decls]
 const struct btf_type *btf__type_by_id(const struct btf *btf, __u32 type_id);
                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
btf.h:20:24: note: previous declaration of 'btf__type_by_id' was here
 const struct btf_type *btf__type_by_id(const struct btf *btf, __u32 id);
                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
btf.c:405:24: error: redefinition of 'btf__type_by_id'
 const struct btf_type *btf__type_by_id(const struct btf *btf,
                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
btf.c:197:24: note: previous definition of 'btf__type_by_id' was here
 const struct btf_type *btf__type_by_id(const struct btf *btf, __u32 type_id)
                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
btf.c:40:20: error: 'btf_name_by_offset' defined but not used [-Werror=unused-function]
 static const char *btf_name_by_offset(const struct btf *btf, __u32 offset)
                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mv: cannot stat 'perf/.libbpf.o.tmp': No such file or directory
tools/build/Makefile.build:96: recipe for target 'perf/libbpf.o' failed
In file included from libbpf.c:52:0:
btf.h:25:24: error: redundant redeclaration of 'btf__type_by_id' [-Werror=redundant-decls]
 const struct btf_type *btf__type_by_id(const struct btf *btf, __u32 type_id);
                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
btf.h:20:24: note: previous declaration of 'btf__type_by_id' was here
 const struct btf_type *btf__type_by_id(const struct btf *btf, __u32 id);
                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mv: cannot stat 'perf/.libbpf.o.tmp': No such file or directory
tools/build/Makefile.build:96: recipe for target 'perf/libbpf.o' failed

Caused by commit

  89b1698c93a9 ("Merge ra.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net")

Some of the lines in tools/lib/bpf/btf.[ch] were duplicated (they existed
on both sides of the merge).

I have used the net-next tree from next-20180802 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell