Subject: Re: Add SoundWire tree to linux-next

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 07:50:10 +1000

Hi Vinod,

On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 22:41:33 +0530 Vinod <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I maintain the SoundWire subsystem which get merged to Linus thru Greg's
> char-misc tree. I would now like this to be added to Linux-next and after
> the Greg's char-misc tree.
> 
> Please include next and fixes branches of the soundwire tree located at
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vkoul/soundwire.git

Added from today.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]