Subject: Re: linux-next: disabling -Wstringop-truncation

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 08:45:35 +1000

Hi Andi,

On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 15:32:06 -0700 Andi Kleen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I am now mainly using gcc v8.2 for my builds and -Wstringop-truncation
> > causes so many warnings that I am sure to miss others, so I have
> > applied the below to my fixes tree until the noise reduces.  
> 
> I have the same problem.
> 
> However It's not clear if they're all false positives (I suspect not)

Right.

> It would be better to move the warning to W=2 or so, and also needs
> someone actually looking at them.

Sure, my patch was just a quick fix for linux-next to make it more
manageable.  Also, I am not worse off than when I was using older
compilers.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell