Subject: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the pci tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 10:26:02 +1000

Hi Bjorn,

After merging the pci tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) produced these warning:

drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c: In function 'ixgbe_io_slot_reset':
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c:11102:6: warning: unused variable 'err' [-Wunused-variable]
  int err;
      ^~~
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/i40e/i40e_main.c: In function 'i40e_pci_error_slot_reset':
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/i40e/i40e_main.c:14230:6: warning: unused variable 'err' [-Wunused-variable]
  int err;
      ^~~

also from the x86_64 allmodconfig build:

drivers/dma/ioat/init.c: In function 'ioat_pcie_error_slot_reset':
drivers/dma/ioat/init.c:1255:6: warning: unused variable 'err' [-Wunused-variable]
  int err;
      ^~~
drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/efx.c: In function 'efx_io_slot_reset':
drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/efx.c:3824:6: warning: unused variable 'rc' [-Wunused-variable]
  int rc;
      ^~
drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/falcon/efx.c: In function 'ef4_io_slot_reset':
drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/falcon/efx.c:3163:6: warning: unused variable 'rc' [-Wunused-variable]
  int rc;
      ^~

Introduced by commit

  6dcde3e574b2 ("XXX PCI/AER: Remove pci_cleanup_aer_uncorrect_error_status() calls")
(good subject prefix there :-))

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell