Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the slave-dma tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 15:44:38 +1000

Hi Vinod,

After merging the slave-dma tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/dma/fsl-edma.c:67: warning: "EDMA_SEEI_SEEI" redefined
 #define EDMA_SEEI_SEEI(x) ((x) & 0x1F)

In file included from drivers/dma/fsl-edma.c:25:
drivers/dma/fsl-edma-common.h:21: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define EDMA_SEEI_SEEI(x) ((x) & GENMASK(4, 0))

 ...

drivers/dma/fsl-edma.c:115:6: error: nested redefinition of 'enum fsl_edma_pm_state'
 enum fsl_edma_pm_state {
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/dma/fsl-edma.c:115:6: error: redeclaration of 'enum fsl_edma_pm_state'
In file included from drivers/dma/fsl-edma.c:25:
drivers/dma/fsl-edma-common.h:63:6: note: originally defined here
 enum fsl_edma_pm_state {
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and so on ...

Caused by commit

  101d256a45ed ("Merge branch 'testing/dirn_remove' into next")

which reintroduced a whole lot of stuff into drivers/dma/fsl-edma.c that
had been modev out in commit

  9d831528a656 ("dmaengine: fsl-edma: extract common fsl-edma code (no changes in behavior intended)")

I used the slave-dma tree from next-20181003 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell