Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the pm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 13:44:49 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/powercap/intel_rapl.c

between commit:

  17ed15183c24 ("powercap: RAPL: Get rid of custom RAPL_CPU() macro")

from the pm tree and commit:

  f2c4db1bd807 ("x86/cpu: Sanitize FAM6_ATOM naming")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/powercap/intel_rapl.c
index bb92874b1175,8cbfcce57a06..000000000000
--- a/drivers/powercap/intel_rapl.c
+++ b/drivers/powercap/intel_rapl.c
@@@ -1133,40 -1133,47 +1133,40 @@@ static const struct rapl_defaults rapl_
  	.compute_time_window = rapl_compute_time_window_atom,
  };
  
 -#define RAPL_CPU(_model, _ops) {			\
 -		.vendor = X86_VENDOR_INTEL,		\
 -		.family = 6,				\
 -		.model = _model,			\
 -		.driver_data = (kernel_ulong_t)&_ops,	\
 -		}
 -
  static const struct x86_cpu_id rapl_ids[] __initconst = {
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_SANDYBRIDGE,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_SANDYBRIDGE_X,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_IVYBRIDGE,		rapl_defaults_core),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_IVYBRIDGE_X,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_HASWELL_CORE,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_HASWELL_ULT,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_HASWELL_GT3E,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_HASWELL_X,		rapl_defaults_hsw_server),
 -
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_BROADWELL_CORE,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_BROADWELL_GT3E,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_BROADWELL_XEON_D,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_BROADWELL_X,	rapl_defaults_hsw_server),
 -
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_SKYLAKE_DESKTOP,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_SKYLAKE_MOBILE,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_SKYLAKE_X,		rapl_defaults_hsw_server),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_MOBILE,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_KABYLAKE_DESKTOP,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_CANNONLAKE_MOBILE,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_ATOM_SILVERMONT,	rapl_defaults_byt),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_ATOM_AIRMONT,	rapl_defaults_cht),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_ATOM_SILVERMONT_MID,	rapl_defaults_tng),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_ATOM_AIRMONT_MID,	rapl_defaults_ann),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_ATOM_GOLDMONT,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_ATOM_GOLDMONT_PLUS,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_ATOM_GOLDMONT_X,	rapl_defaults_core),
 -
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_XEON_PHI_KNL,	rapl_defaults_hsw_server),
 -	RAPL_CPU(INTEL_FAM6_XEON_PHI_KNM,	rapl_defaults_hsw_server),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(SANDYBRIDGE,		rapl_defaults_core),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(SANDYBRIDGE_X,		rapl_defaults_core),
 +
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(IVYBRIDGE,		rapl_defaults_core),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(IVYBRIDGE_X,		rapl_defaults_core),
 +
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(HASWELL_CORE,		rapl_defaults_core),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(HASWELL_ULT,		rapl_defaults_core),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(HASWELL_GT3E,		rapl_defaults_core),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(HASWELL_X,		rapl_defaults_hsw_server),
 +
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(BROADWELL_CORE,		rapl_defaults_core),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(BROADWELL_GT3E,		rapl_defaults_core),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(BROADWELL_XEON_D,	rapl_defaults_core),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(BROADWELL_X,		rapl_defaults_hsw_server),
 +
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(SKYLAKE_DESKTOP,		rapl_defaults_core),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(SKYLAKE_MOBILE,		rapl_defaults_core),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(SKYLAKE_X,		rapl_defaults_hsw_server),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(KABYLAKE_MOBILE,		rapl_defaults_core),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(KABYLAKE_DESKTOP,	rapl_defaults_core),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(CANNONLAKE_MOBILE,	rapl_defaults_core),
 +
- 	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(ATOM_SILVERMONT1,	rapl_defaults_byt),
++	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(ATOM_SILVERMONT,		rapl_defaults_byt),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(ATOM_AIRMONT,		rapl_defaults_cht),
- 	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(ATOM_MERRIFIELD,		rapl_defaults_tng),
- 	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(ATOM_MOOREFIELD,		rapl_defaults_ann),
++	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(ATOM_SILVERMONT_MID,	rapl_defaults_tng),
++	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(ATOM_AIRMONT_MID,	rapl_defaults_ann),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(ATOM_GOLDMONT,		rapl_defaults_core),
- 	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(ATOM_GEMINI_LAKE,	rapl_defaults_core),
- 	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(ATOM_DENVERTON,		rapl_defaults_core),
++	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(ATOM_GOLDMONT_PLUS,	rapl_defaults_core),
++	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(ATOM_GOLDMONT_X,		rapl_defaults_core),
 +
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(XEON_PHI_KNL,		rapl_defaults_hsw_server),
 +	INTEL_CPU_FAM6(XEON_PHI_KNM,		rapl_defaults_hsw_server),
  	{}
  };
  MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE(x86cpu, rapl_ids);