Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm-msm tree with the drm-misc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 11:08:57 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm-msm tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/msm/hdmi/hdmi.c

between commit:

  f384d7d514d1 ("drm: Convert to using %pOFn instead of device_node.name")

from the drm-misc tree and commit:

  bdc309778907 ("drm: msm: Use DRM_DEV_* instead of dev_*")

from the drm-msm tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/gpu/drm/msm/hdmi/hdmi.c
index 23670907a29d,74ffc2412f68..000000000000
--- a/drivers/gpu/drm/msm/hdmi/hdmi.c
+++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/msm/hdmi/hdmi.c
@@@ -579,7 -585,7 +585,7 @@@ static int msm_hdmi_bind(struct device 
  	hdmi_cfg = (struct hdmi_platform_config *)
  			of_device_get_match_data(dev);
  	if (!hdmi_cfg) {
- 		dev_err(dev, "unknown hdmi_cfg: %pOFn\n", of_node);
 -		DRM_DEV_ERROR(dev, "unknown hdmi_cfg: %s\n", of_node->name);
++		DRM_DEV_ERROR(dev, "unknown hdmi_cfg: %pOFn\n", of_node);
  		return -ENXIO;
  	}
  
_______________________________________________
dri-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/dri-devel