Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the iommu tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 12:39:38 +1100

Hi Joerg,

After merging the iommu tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/linux/bitmap.h:10,
                 from drivers/iommu/intel-iommu.c:24:
drivers/iommu/intel-iommu.c: In function 'iommu_calculate_agaw':
include/linux/kernel.h:845:29: warning: comparison of distinct pointer types lacks a cast
   (!!(sizeof((typeof(x) *)1 == (typeof(y) *)1)))
                             ^~
include/linux/kernel.h:859:4: note: in expansion of macro '__typecheck'
   (__typecheck(x, y) && __no_side_effects(x, y))
    ^~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/kernel.h:869:24: note: in expansion of macro '__safe_cmp'
  __builtin_choose_expr(__safe_cmp(x, y), \
                        ^~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/kernel.h:878:19: note: in expansion of macro '__careful_cmp'
 #define min(x, y) __careful_cmp(x, y, <)
                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/iommu/intel-iommu.c:668:9: note: in expansion of macro 'min'
  mgaw = min(cap_mgaw(iommu->cap), DEFAULT_DOMAIN_ADDRESS_WIDTH);
         ^~~

Introduced by commit

  248808a0fad0 ("iommu/vt-d: Respect max guest address width in agaw")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell