Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 11:24:28 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the net-next tree, today's linux-next build
(x86_64_allmodconfig) produced this warning:

drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/dpaa2/dpaa2-eth.c: In function 'run_xdp':
drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/dpaa2/dpaa2-eth.c:324:3: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
   bpf_warn_invalid_xdp_action(xdp_act);
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/dpaa2/dpaa2-eth.c:325:2: note: here
  case XDP_ABORTED:
  ^~~~
drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/dpaa2/dpaa2-eth.c:326:3: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
   trace_xdp_exception(priv->net_dev, xdp_prog, xdp_act);
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/dpaa2/dpaa2-eth.c:327:2: note: here
  case XDP_DROP:
  ^~~~

Introduced by commit

  7e273a8ebdd3 ("dpaa2-eth: Add basic XDP support")

This due to my use of -Wimplicit-fallthrough.  This is new code.  The
warning can be suppressed by adding a comment like /* fall through */
at the appropriate places to indicate that the fallthrough is intended.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell