Subject: Re: Add Thunderbolt tree to linux-next

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 09:31:06 +1100

Hi Mika,

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 13:37:36 +0200 Mika Westerberg <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I maintain the Thunderbolt tree that gets merged to mainline via Greg's
> char-misc tree. I would like to get the tree included in linux-next to
> get wider coverage before it hits Greg's tree.
> 
> Can you please include branches 'fixes' and 'next' from:
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/westeri/thunderbolt.git
>     
> in linux-next?

Added from today (well the fixes tree will be added tomorrow - but it
was empty anyway).

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]