Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the rdma tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 09:58:15 +1100

Hi Guy,

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 12:25:57 +0000 "Guy Levi(SW)" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > 
> > Huh. So apparently every compiler that tested this patch (0-day, mine,
> > the submitters) optimized this call away because is_atomic_response()
> > always returns 0: meaning mlx5_get_atomic_laddr is never callable and
> > can be deleted entirely, including the call to mlx5_get_send_wqe.
> > 
> > Not sure what compiler setup will hit this, but it is clearly wrong
> > code..  
> 
> Flag -o0  ?

No, but the kbuild tree contains a change that allows turning off of
gcc's autoinlining and the CONFIG option guarding that gets turned on
for allmodconfig builds among others.

Masahiro, should CONFIG_NO_AUTO_INLINE maybe need to be off unless
explicitly enabled (like CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO and others)?

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell