Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the irqchip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 14:44:06 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the irqchip tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/linux/io.h:25,
                 from include/linux/of_address.h:7,
                 from drivers/irqchip/irq-imx-gpcv2.c:9:
drivers/irqchip/irq-imx-gpcv2.c: In function 'imx_gpcv2_irqchip_init':
arch/arm/include/asm/io.h:96:22: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
 #define __raw_writel __raw_writel
                      ^
arch/arm/include/asm/io.h:305:29: note: in expansion of macro '__raw_writel'
 #define writel_relaxed(v,c) __raw_writel((__force u32) cpu_to_le32(v),c)
                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/irqchip/irq-imx-gpcv2.c:263:4: note: in expansion of macro 'writel_relaxed'
    writel_relaxed(~0, reg + GPC_IMR1_CORE3);
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/irqchip/irq-imx-gpcv2.c:264:3: note: here
   case 2:       /* FALLTHROUGH */
   ^~~~

Introduced by commit

  ed01edc0ab6f ("irqchip/irq-imx-gpcv2: Add support for i.MX8MQ")

This is caused by my use of -Wimplicit-fallthrough for Kees Cook.

Replacing the "/* FALLTHROUGH */"  with "/* fall through */" but on the
line above will suppress the warning.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell