Subject: Re: [linux-next] Request to add auxdisplay tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 16:23:45 +1100

Hi Miguel,

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 17:11:09 +0100 Miguel Ojeda <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Can you please add the auxdisplay tree into linux-next?
> 
>     https://github.com/ojeda/linux.git auxdisplay
> 
> It is extremely low volume, but from time to time there is a patch.

Added from Monday.  Out of interest, will this tree be sent directly to
Linus or merged vi some other tree?

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]