Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the char-misc tree with the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 17:02:53 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the char-misc tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/ptp/ptp_clock.c

between commit:

  aea0a897af9e ("ptp: Fix pass zero to ERR_PTR() in ptp_clock_register")

from the net-next tree and commit:

  b9d93594c767 ("ptp: fix an IS_ERR() vs NULL check")

from the char-misc tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the latter version) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell