Subject: Re: [for-next][PATCH] x86/Kconfig: Select PCI_LOCKLESS_CONFIG if PCI is enabled

From: Borislav Petkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 22:56:31 +0100

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 11:42:39AM -0500, Sinan Kaya wrote:
> On 1/17/2019 11:37 AM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> > Also, I see a lot of build failures when doing randconfig builds for the
> > stuff in drivers/platform/x86/Kconfig. Is someone picking those up too?
> 
> Can you share the build failures you are seeing?

Here are three configs which fail.

They have in common:

# CONFIG_PCI is not set

As a tip for the future - always build the default
def/allno/yes/modconfig targets and as many randconfigs as possible when
changing Kconfig dependencies. I've learned that the hard way.

Here are the build failures:

arch/x86/kernel/ftrace.c:668:23: warning: ‘ftrace_jmp_replace’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
drivers/platform/x86/intel_ips.c: In function ‘ips_probe’:
drivers/platform/x86/intel_ips.c:1463:2: error: implicit declaration of function ‘pcim_enable_device’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/platform/x86/intel_ips.c:1525:2: error: implicit declaration of function ‘pci_alloc_irq_vectors’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/platform/x86/intel_ips.c:1525:41: error: ‘PCI_IRQ_LEGACY’ undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/platform/x86/intel_ips.c:1525:41: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
drivers/platform/x86/intel_ips.c:1529:2: error: implicit declaration of function ‘pci_irq_vector’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/platform/x86/intel_ips.c:1592:2: error: implicit declaration of function ‘pci_free_irq_vectors’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
drivers/platform/x86/intel_ips.c: At top level:
drivers/platform/x86/intel_ips.c:1636:1: warning: data definition has no type or storage class [enabled by default]
drivers/platform/x86/intel_ips.c:1636:1: error: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of ‘module_pci_driver’ [-Werror=implicit-int]
drivers/platform/x86/intel_ips.c:1636:1: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration [enabled by default]
drivers/platform/x86/intel_ips.c:1629:26: warning: ‘ips_pci_driver’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
make[3]: *** [drivers/platform/x86/intel_ips.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/platform/x86] Error 2

drivers/platform/x86/apple-gmux.c: In function ‘gmux_probe’:
drivers/platform/x86/apple-gmux.c:746:22: error: ‘pci_bus_type’ undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/platform/x86/apple-gmux.c:746:22: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[3]: *** [drivers/platform/x86/apple-gmux.o] Error 1

drivers/platform/x86/intel_pmc_ipc.c: In function ‘ipc_pci_probe’:
drivers/platform/x86/intel_pmc_ipc.c:520:2: error: implicit declaration of function ‘pcim_enable_device’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
make[3]: *** [drivers/platform/x86/intel_pmc_ipc.o] Error 1

You get the idea...

-- 
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.

Good mailing practices for 400: avoid top-posting and trim the reply.