Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vhost tree with the net tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 13:19:07 +1100

Hi Michael,

Today's linux-next merge of the vhost tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/net/virtio_net.c

between commit:

  df133f3f9625 ("virtio_net: bulk free tx skbs")

from the net tree and commits:

  a73c976c635f ("virtio_net: bulk free tx skbs")
  017ed06fa099 ("virtio-net: bql support")

from the vhost tree.

The 2 versions of "virtio_net: bulk free tx skbs" are not identical
and then "virtio-net: bql support" further changed the same function
prototype ...

I fixed it up (I basically used the vhost tree verison) and can carry the
fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned,
but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream
maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want
to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to
minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell