Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm tree with the kbuild tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 15:02:31 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the akpm tree got a conflict in:

  Makefile

between commit:

  b57304bb03de ("kbuild: remove meaningless prepare2 target")

from the kbuild tree and patch:

  "locking/atomics: build atomic headers as required"

from the akpm tree.

I fixed it up (I hope - see below) and can carry the fix as necessary.
This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc Makefile
index 004a190e3ece,bd0f79d8295e..000000000000
--- a/Makefile
+++ b/Makefile
@@@ -1077,8 -1077,12 +1077,8 @@@ ifneq ($(KBUILD_SRC),
  	fi;
  endif
  
- prepare1: prepare3 outputmakefile asm-generic $(version_h) $(autoksyms_h) \
- 						include/generated/utsrelease.h
 -# prepare2 creates a makefile if using a separate output directory.
 -# From this point forward, .config has been reprocessed, so any rules
 -# that need to depend on updated CONFIG_* values can be checked here.
 -prepare2: prepare3 outputmakefile asm-generic genheader
 -
 -prepare1: prepare2 $(version_h) $(autoksyms_h) include/generated/utsrelease.h
++prepare1: prepare3 outputmakefile asm-generic genheader $(version_h) \
++				$(autoksyms_h) include/generated/utsrelease.h
  	$(cmd_crmodverdir)
  
  archprepare: archheaders archscripts prepare1 scripts