Subject: Re: next-20190129 build: 2 failures 14 warnings (next-20190129)

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 19:27:28 +0000

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 06:14:13PM +0000, Build bot for Mark Brown wrote:

-next has been failing to build allmodconfig for a few days on arm and
arm64

> Failed defconfigs:
> 	arm64-allmodconfig
> 	arm-allmodconfig

due to:

drivers/usb/phy/phy-fsl-usb.o: In function `fsl_otg_ioctl':
phy-fsl-usb.c:(.text+0x5e4): undefined reference to `otg_statemachine'
drivers/usb/phy/phy-fsl-usb.o: In function `fsl_otg_start_srp':
phy-fsl-usb.c:(.text+0x680): undefined reference to `otg_statemachine'
drivers/usb/phy/phy-fsl-usb.o: In function `fsl_otg_set_host':
phy-fsl-usb.c:(.text+0x800): undefined reference to `otg_statemachine'
drivers/usb/phy/phy-fsl-usb.o: In function `fsl_otg_start_hnp':
phy-fsl-usb.c:(.text+0x88c): undefined reference to `otg_statemachine'
drivers/usb/phy/phy-fsl-usb.o: In function `show_fsl_usb2_otg_state':
phy-fsl-usb.c:(.text+0xa44): undefined reference to `usb_otg_state_string'
drivers/usb/phy/phy-fsl-usb.o: In function `a_wait_enum':
phy-fsl-usb.c:(.text+0x1718): undefined reference to `otg_statemachine'
drivers/usb/phy/phy-fsl-usb.o: In function `fsl_otg_set_peripheral':
phy-fsl-usb.c:(.text+0x1f20): undefined reference to `usb_gadget_vbus_disconnect'
phy-fsl-usb.c:(.text+0x1f40): undefined reference to `otg_statemachine'

The issue is that USB_OTG_FSM is tristate but FSL_USB2_OTG is a bool so
we end up with a built in driver depending on a module.  Unfortunately I
can't see why this triggered now.  Neither file nor their Kconfig has
changed for quite some time so I guess we lost some other config that
was forcing USB_OTG_FSM to be built in.
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel