Subject: linux-next: powerpcle qemu boot failure after merge of the akpm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 16:38:54 +1100

Hi all,

[I am guessing that is is something in Andrew's tree that has caused
this.]

My qemu boot of the powerpc pseries_le_defconfig config failed like this:

htab_hash_mask    = 0x1ffff
-----------------------------------------------------
numa:   NODE_DATA [mem 0x7ffe7000-0x7ffebfff]
Kernel panic - not syncing: sparse_buffer_init: Failed to allocate 2147483648 bytes align=0x10000 nid=0 from=fffffffffffffff
CPU: 0 PID: 0 Comm: swapper Not tainted 5.0.0-rc4 #2
Call Trace:
[c00000000105bbd0] [c000000000b1345c] dump_stack+0xb0/0xf4 (unreliable)
[c00000000105bc10] [c000000000111120] panic+0x168/0x3b8
[c00000000105bcb0] [c000000000e701c8] sparse_init_nid+0x178/0x550
[c00000000105bd70] [c000000000e709b4] sparse_init+0x210/0x238
[c00000000105bdb0] [c000000000e468f4] initmem_init+0x1e0/0x260
[c00000000105be80] [c000000000e3b9b0] setup_arch+0x354/0x3d4
[c00000000105bef0] [c000000000e33afc] start_kernel+0x98/0x648
[c00000000105bf90] [c00000000000b270] start_here_common+0x1c/0x52c

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell