Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 10:44:27 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the net-next tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) produced this warning:

net/core/sock.c: In function 'sock_setsockopt':
net/core/sock.c:914:3: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
   sock_set_flag(sk, SOCK_TSTAMP_NEW);
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
net/core/sock.c:915:2: note: here
  case SO_TIMESTAMPING_OLD:
  ^~~~

Introduced by commit

  9718475e6908 ("socket: Add SO_TIMESTAMPING_NEW")

I get this warning because I am building with -Wimplicit-fallthrough
in attempt to catch new additions early.  The gcc warning can be turned
off by adding a /* fall through */ comment at the point the fall through
happens (assuming that the fall through is intentional).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell