Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the xarray tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 23:48:01 +1100

Hi Leon,

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 12:34:42 +0000 Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Matthew, really? change of API in -rc7? And it after you pushed us to
> base our -next on -rc5 after another API change? What should we do now?

The xarray API changes (to xa_alloc and __xa_alloc) have been in
linux-next for about 2 weeks ...

> Can you please ensure that you are sending your pull request to Linus,
> after RDMA pull request will be successfully merged?

It doesn't matter which goes in first, but whoever goes in last should
inform Linus about these (now 2) API change fixups.  In fact you should
probably both let him know as he sometimes batches up similar groups of
merge requests (like fs or net) and doesn't do them in the order they
are submitted.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell