Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 12:06:44 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the net-next tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

drivers/net/ethernet/rocker/rocker_main.c: In function 'rocker_port_attr_set':
drivers/net/ethernet/rocker/rocker_main.c:2083:9: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
   err = rocker_world_port_attr_pre_bridge_flags_set(rocker_port,
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              attr->u.brport_flags,
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              trans);
              ~~~~~~
drivers/net/ethernet/rocker/rocker_main.c:2086:2: note: here
  case SWITCHDEV_ATTR_ID_PORT_BRIDGE_FLAGS:
  ^~~~

Introduced by commit

  93700458ff63 ("rocker: Check Handle PORT_PRE_BRIDGE_FLAGS")

I get this warning because I am building with -Wimplicit-fallthrough
in attempt to catch new additions early.  The gcc warning can be turned
off by adding a /* fall through */ comment at the point the fall through
happens (assuming that the fall through is intentional).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell