Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm tree with the drm-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2019 13:23:51 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.c

between commit:

  d63716658ac1 ("drm/amd/display: Use vrr friendly pageflip throttling in DC.")

from the drm-fixes tree and commits:

  8a48b44cd00f ("drm/amd/display: Call into DC once per multiplane flip")
  bc7f670ee04c ("drm/amd/display: Perform plane updates only when needed")

from the drm tree.

I had no idea how to resolve this, so I just effectively reverted the
drm-fixes commit.

I fixed it up (see above) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell