Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the sound-asoc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 10:45:02 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the sound-asoc tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/linux/pm_runtime.h:12,
                 from sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.c:21:
sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.c: In function 'wmfw_parse_id_header':
sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.c:45:22: warning: format '%zu' expects argument of type 'size_t', but argument 8 has type 'int' [-Wformat=]
  dev_info(_dsp->dev, "%s: " fmt, _dsp->name, ##__VA_ARGS__)
                      ^~~~~~
include/linux/device.h:1400:22: note: in definition of macro 'dev_fmt'
 #define dev_fmt(fmt) fmt
                      ^~~
sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.c:45:2: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_info'
  dev_info(_dsp->dev, "%s: " fmt, _dsp->name, ##__VA_ARGS__)
  ^~~~~~~~
sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.c:2145:2: note: in expansion of macro 'adsp_info'
  adsp_info(dsp, "Firmware: %x v%d.%d.%d, %zu algorithms\n",
  ^~~~~~~~~
sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.c:2145:44: note: format string is defined here
  adsp_info(dsp, "Firmware: %x v%d.%d.%d, %zu algorithms\n",
                                          ~~^
                                          %u
In file included from include/linux/pm_runtime.h:12,
                 from sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.c:21:
sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.c: In function 'wmfw_v3_parse_id_header':
sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.c:45:22: warning: format '%zu' expects argument of type 'size_t', but argument 9 has type 'int' [-Wformat=]
  dev_info(_dsp->dev, "%s: " fmt, _dsp->name, ##__VA_ARGS__)
                      ^~~~~~
include/linux/device.h:1400:22: note: in definition of macro 'dev_fmt'
 #define dev_fmt(fmt) fmt
                      ^~~
sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.c:45:2: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_info'
  dev_info(_dsp->dev, "%s: " fmt, _dsp->name, ##__VA_ARGS__)
  ^~~~~~~~
sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.c:2158:2: note: in expansion of macro 'adsp_info'
  adsp_info(dsp, "Firmware: %x vendor: 0x%x v%d.%d.%d, %zu algorithms\n",
  ^~~~~~~~~
sound/soc/codecs/wm_adsp.c:2158:57: note: format string is defined here
  adsp_info(dsp, "Firmware: %x vendor: 0x%x v%d.%d.%d, %zu algorithms\n",
                                                       ~~^
                                                       %u

Introduced by commits

  a5dcb24d70ff ("ASoC: wm_adsp: Factor out parsing of firmware ID header")
  170b1e123f38 ("ASoC: wm_adsp: Add support for new Halo core DSPs")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell