Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the sound-asoc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 10:01:45 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the sound-asoc tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

sound/soc/codecs/tlv320aic32x4-clk.c: In function 'clk_aic32x4_pll_recalc_rate':
sound/soc/codecs/tlv320aic32x4-clk.c:149:38: warning: 'settings.d' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
     ((settings->j * 10000) + settings->d);
                              ~~~~~~~~^~~
sound/soc/codecs/tlv320aic32x4-clk.c:197:32: note: 'settings.d' was declared here
  struct clk_aic32x4_pll_muldiv settings;
                                ^~~~~~~~
sound/soc/codecs/tlv320aic32x4-clk.c:149:15: warning: 'settings.j' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
     ((settings->j * 10000) + settings->d);
       ~~~~~~~~^~~
sound/soc/codecs/tlv320aic32x4-clk.c:197:32: note: 'settings.j' was declared here
  struct clk_aic32x4_pll_muldiv settings;
                                ^~~~~~~~
sound/soc/codecs/tlv320aic32x4-clk.c:148:37: warning: 'settings.r' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
  rate = (u64) parent_rate * settings->r *
                             ~~~~~~~~^~~
sound/soc/codecs/tlv320aic32x4-clk.c:197:32: note: 'settings.r' was declared here
  struct clk_aic32x4_pll_muldiv settings;
                                ^~~~~~~~
sound/soc/codecs/tlv320aic32x4-clk.c:151:56: warning: 'settings.p' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
  return (unsigned long) DIV_ROUND_UP_ULL(rate, settings->p * 10000);
                                                        ^~
sound/soc/codecs/tlv320aic32x4-clk.c:197:32: note: 'settings.p' was declared here
  struct clk_aic32x4_pll_muldiv settings;
                                ^~~~~~~~

Introduced by commit

  514b044cba66 ("ASoC: tlv320aic32x4: Model PLL in CCF")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell