Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the fbdev tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 09:30:07 +1100

Hi Bartlomiej,

After merging the fbdev tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

drivers/video/fbdev/sm712fb.c: In function 'smtc_blank':
drivers/video/fbdev/sm712fb.c:900:4: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
    smtc_seqw(0x6b, 0x02);
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/video/fbdev/sm712fb.c:901:3: note: here
   case 0x720:
   ^~~~

Introduced by commit

  f627caf55b8e ("fbdev: sm712fb: fix crashes and garbled display during DPMS modesetting")

I get this warning because I am building with -Wimplicit-fallthrough
in attempt to catch new additions early.  The gcc warning can be turned
off by adding a /* fall through */ comment at the point the fall through
happens (assuming that the fall through is intentional).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell