Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the nand tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 10:14:31 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the nand tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/ingenic_ecc.c:26:5: error: redefinition of 'ingenic_ecc_calculate'
 int ingenic_ecc_calculate(struct ingenic_ecc *ecc,
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/ingenic_ecc.c:14:
drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/ingenic_ecc.h:39:5: note: previous definition of 'ingenic_ecc_calculate' was here
 int ingenic_ecc_calculate(struct ingenic_ecc *ecc,
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/ingenic_ecc.c:47:5: error: redefinition of 'ingenic_ecc_correct'
 int ingenic_ecc_correct(struct ingenic_ecc *ecc,
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/ingenic_ecc.c:14:
drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/ingenic_ecc.h:46:5: note: previous definition of 'ingenic_ecc_correct' was here
 int ingenic_ecc_correct(struct ingenic_ecc *ecc,
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/ingenic_ecc.c:93:21: error: redefinition of 'of_ingenic_ecc_get'
 struct ingenic_ecc *of_ingenic_ecc_get(struct device_node *of_node)
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/ingenic_ecc.c:14:
drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/ingenic_ecc.h:57:21: note: previous definition of 'of_ingenic_ecc_get' was here
 struct ingenic_ecc *of_ingenic_ecc_get(struct device_node *np)
                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/ingenic_ecc.c:119:6: error: redefinition of 'ingenic_ecc_release'
 void ingenic_ecc_release(struct ingenic_ecc *ecc)
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/ingenic_ecc.c:14:
drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/ingenic_ecc.h:53:6: note: previous definition of 'ingenic_ecc_release' was here
 void ingenic_ecc_release(struct ingenic_ecc *ecc)
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  8278ad0d709a ("mtd: rawnand: ingenic: Separate top-level and SoC specific code")

I have used the nand tree from next-20190401 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell