Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the nand tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 10:22:39 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the nand tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/jz4725b_bch.c: In function 'jz4725b_bch_read_parity':
drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/jz4725b_bch.c:147:12: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
   dest8[2] = (val >> 16) & 0xff;
   ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/jz4725b_bch.c:148:2: note: here
  case 2: /* fall-through */
  ^~~~
drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/jz4725b_bch.c:149:12: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
   dest8[1] = (val >> 8) & 0xff;
   ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/mtd/nand/raw/ingenic/jz4725b_bch.c:150:2: note: here
  case 1: /* fall-through */
  ^~~~

Introduced by commit

  acb29396f956 ("mtd: rawnand: ingenic: Add support for the JZ4725B")

I get this warning because I am building with -Wimplicit-fallthrough
in attempt to catch new additions early.  The gcc warning can be turned
off by adding a /* fall through */ comment at the point the fall through
happens (i.e. before the next case label).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell