Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the printk tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 09:24:07 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the printk tree got conflicts in:

  drivers/base/power/main.c

between commit:

  7a5bd1279bce ("PM: Add and use pr_fmt()")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  d75f773c86a2 ("treewide: Switch printk users from %pf and %pF to %ps and %pS, respectively")

from the printk tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/base/power/main.c
index f80d298de3fa,c88f56b9ae5b..000000000000
--- a/drivers/base/power/main.c
+++ b/drivers/base/power/main.c
@@@ -2063,7 -2062,7 +2063,7 @@@ EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(dpm_suspend_start)
  void __suspend_report_result(const char *function, void *fn, int ret)
  {
  	if (ret)
- 		pr_err("%s(): %pF returns %d\n", function, fn, ret);
 -		printk(KERN_ERR "%s(): %pS returns %d\n", function, fn, ret);
++		pr_err("%s(): %pS returns %d\n", function, fn, ret);
  }
  EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(__suspend_report_result);