Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the arm64 tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 14:25:14 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  mm/kasan/Makefile

between commit:

  e2092740b723 ("kasan: Makefile: Replace -pg with CC_FLAGS_FTRACE")

from the arm64 tree and commit:

  57b78a62e7f2 ("x86/uaccess, kasan: Fix KASAN vs SMAP")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc mm/kasan/Makefile
index f06ee820d356,613dfe681e9f..000000000000
--- a/mm/kasan/Makefile
+++ b/mm/kasan/Makefile
@@@ -5,9 -6,10 +6,10 @@@ UBSAN_SANITIZE_generic_report.o := 
  UBSAN_SANITIZE_tags.o := n
  KCOV_INSTRUMENT := n
  
 -CFLAGS_REMOVE_common.o = -pg
 -CFLAGS_REMOVE_generic.o = -pg
 -CFLAGS_REMOVE_generic_report.o = -pg
 -CFLAGS_REMOVE_tags.o = -pg
 +CFLAGS_REMOVE_common.o = $(CC_FLAGS_FTRACE)
 +CFLAGS_REMOVE_generic.o = $(CC_FLAGS_FTRACE)
++CFLAGS_REMOVE_generic_report.o = $(CC_FLAGS_FTRACE)
 +CFLAGS_REMOVE_tags.o = $(CC_FLAGS_FTRACE)
  
  # Function splitter causes unnecessary splits in __asan_load1/__asan_store1
  # see: https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=63533