Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 11:20:39 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the net-next tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

drivers/net/ethernet/netronome/nfp/flower/offload.c: In function 'nfp_flower_copy_pre_actions':
drivers/net/ethernet/netronome/nfp/flower/offload.c:630:7: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
    if (tunnel_act)
       ^
drivers/net/ethernet/netronome/nfp/flower/offload.c:632:3: note: here
   case NFP_FL_ACTION_OPCODE_PRE_LAG:
   ^~~~

Introduced by commit

  1c6952ca587d ("nfp: flower: generate merge flow rule")

I get this warning because I am building with -Wimplicit-fallthrough
in attempt to catch new additions early.  The gcc warning can be turned
off by adding a /* fall through */ comment at the point the fall through
happens (assuming that the fall through is intentional).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell