Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 11:32:27 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the net-next tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

net/socket.c: In function 'sock_ioctl':
net/socket.c:1173:10: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
    err = sock->ops->gettstamp(sock, argp,
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          cmd == SIOCGSTAMP_OLD,
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          !IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_64BIT));
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
net/socket.c:1176:3: note: here
   case SIOCGSTAMP_NEW:
   ^~~~

Introduced by commit

  0768e17073dc ("net: socket: implement 64-bit timestamps")

I get this warning because I am building with -Wimplicit-fallthrough
in attempt to catch new additions early.  The gcc warning can be turned
off by adding a /* fall through */ comment at the point the fall through
happens (assuming that the fall through is intentional).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell