Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kbuild tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 08:46:26 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kbuild tree got a conflict in:

  Makefile

between commit:

  6f303d60534c ("gcc-9: silence 'address-of-packed-member' warning")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  c21e4135d629 ("kbuild: re-enable int-in-bool-context warning")

from the kbuild tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc Makefile
index 633d1196bf00,8b3b62f18c9a..000000000000
--- a/Makefile
+++ b/Makefile
@@@ -677,8 -691,6 +691,7 @@@ KBUILD_CFLAGS	+= $(call cc-option,-fno-
  KBUILD_CFLAGS	+= $(call cc-disable-warning,frame-address,)
  KBUILD_CFLAGS	+= $(call cc-disable-warning, format-truncation)
  KBUILD_CFLAGS	+= $(call cc-disable-warning, format-overflow)
- KBUILD_CFLAGS	+= $(call cc-disable-warning, int-in-bool-context)
 +KBUILD_CFLAGS	+= $(call cc-disable-warning, address-of-packed-member)
  
  ifdef CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE
  KBUILD_CFLAGS	+= -Os