Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the pidfd tree with the kbuild tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 18:31:25 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the pidfd tree got a conflict in:

  samples/Makefile

between commit:

  a757ed09d672 ("samples: guard sub-directories with CONFIG options")

from the kbuild tree and commit:

  eb364bbe6791 ("samples: show race-free pidfd metadata access")

from the pidfd tree.

I fixed it up (iI did the minimal fixup - see below) and can carry the
fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned,
but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream
maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want
to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to
minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc samples/Makefile
index 0f2d70d785f5,fadadb1c3b05..000000000000
--- a/samples/Makefile
+++ b/samples/Makefile
@@@ -1,21 -1,6 +1,21 @@@
 +# SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0
  # Makefile for Linux samples code
  
 -obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLES)	+= kobject/ kprobes/ trace_events/ livepatch/ \
 -			   hw_breakpoint/ kfifo/ kdb/ hidraw/ rpmsg/ seccomp/ \
 -			   configfs/ connector/ v4l/ trace_printk/ \
 -			   vfio-mdev/ statx/ qmi/ binderfs/ pidfd/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_ANDROID_BINDERFS)	+= binderfs/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_CONFIGFS)		+= configfs/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_CONNECTOR)		+= connector/
 +subdir-y				+= hidraw
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_HW_BREAKPOINT)	+= hw_breakpoint/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_KDB)		+= kdb/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_KFIFO)		+= kfifo/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_KOBJECT)		+= kobject/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_KPROBES)		+= kprobes/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_LIVEPATCH)		+= livepatch/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_QMI_CLIENT)		+= qmi/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_RPMSG_CLIENT)	+= rpmsg/
 +subdir-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_SECCOMP)		+= seccomp
 +subdir-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_STATX)		+= statx
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_TRACE_EVENTS)	+= trace_events/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_TRACE_PRINTK)	+= trace_printk/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_VIDEO_PCI_SKELETON)	+= v4l/
- obj-y					+= vfio-mdev/
++obj-y					+= vfio-mdev/ pidfd/