Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs tree with the kbuild tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2019 11:20:58 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the vfs tree got a conflict in:

  samples/Makefile

between commit:

  a757ed09d672 ("samples: guard sub-directories with CONFIG options")

from the kbuild tree and commit:

  f1b5618e013a ("vfs: Add a sample program for the new mount API")

from the vfs tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc samples/Makefile
index 0f2d70d785f5,95d71ffd62d5..000000000000
--- a/samples/Makefile
+++ b/samples/Makefile
@@@ -1,21 -1,6 +1,21 @@@
 +# SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0
  # Makefile for Linux samples code
  
 -obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLES)	+= kobject/ kprobes/ trace_events/ livepatch/ \
 -			   hw_breakpoint/ kfifo/ kdb/ hidraw/ rpmsg/ seccomp/ \
 -			   configfs/ connector/ v4l/ trace_printk/ \
 -			   vfio-mdev/ vfs/ qmi/ binderfs/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_ANDROID_BINDERFS)	+= binderfs/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_CONFIGFS)		+= configfs/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_CONNECTOR)		+= connector/
 +subdir-y				+= hidraw
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_HW_BREAKPOINT)	+= hw_breakpoint/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_KDB)		+= kdb/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_KFIFO)		+= kfifo/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_KOBJECT)		+= kobject/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_KPROBES)		+= kprobes/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_LIVEPATCH)		+= livepatch/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_QMI_CLIENT)		+= qmi/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_RPMSG_CLIENT)	+= rpmsg/
 +subdir-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_SECCOMP)		+= seccomp
- subdir-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_STATX)		+= statx
++subdir-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_VFS)		+= vfs
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_TRACE_EVENTS)	+= trace_events/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_SAMPLE_TRACE_PRINTK)	+= trace_printk/
 +obj-$(CONFIG_VIDEO_PCI_SKELETON)	+= v4l/
 +obj-y					+= vfio-mdev/