Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 13:50:00 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from arch/arm/mm/extable.c:6:
include/linux/uaccess.h:302:29: error: static declaration of 'probe_user_read' follows non-static declaration
 static __always_inline long probe_user_read(void *dst, const void __user *src,
                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/uaccess.h:254:13: note: previous declaration of 'probe_user_read' was here
 extern long probe_user_read(void *dst, const void __user *src, size_t size);
             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(and more ...)

Caused by commit

  3d127e17e970 ("include/linux/uaccess.h: add probe_user_read()")

interacting with commit

  3d7081822f7f ("uaccess: Add non-pagefault user-space read functions")

from the ftrace tree.

I have reverted the akpm-current tree fix for today (and the following
"mm-add-probe_user_read-fix").  Hopefully the following commit

  f414d1502add ("powerpc: use probe_user_read()") is still valid.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell