Subject: Re: linux-next: inclusion of my tree for early testing

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 07:23:49 +1000

Hi Sudeep,

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 18:06:46 +0100 Sudeep Holla <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I maintain SCMI(drivers/firmware/arm_scmi) and co-maintain vexpress
> and few other ARM Ltd platforms. I usually send pull request to
> ARM SoC team(Olof/Arnd/Kevin) to get the changes merged into mainline.
> 
> Sometimes ARM SoC team are busy and may pull the changes quite late
> in the cycle. So similar to few other ARM platform sub-maintainers, I
> would like to add my branch which I intend to send pull request to ARM
> SoC to be added to linux-next so that it can get more testing.
> 
> The repo and branch details as below:
> 
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sudeep.holla/linux.git for-linux-next
> 
> Please add the same if you are fine with it.

Added from today.  I called it "scmi" for convenience (not to restrict
it content).

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]