Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the scsi tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 16:10:00 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the scsi tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/linux/pci-dma-compat.h:8,
                 from include/linux/pci.h:2408,
                 from drivers/scsi/mvumi.c:13:
drivers/scsi/mvumi.c: In function 'mvumi_queue_command':
include/linux/dma-mapping.h:608:34: warning: 'sg' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
 #define dma_unmap_sg(d, s, n, r) dma_unmap_sg_attrs(d, s, n, r, 0)
                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/scsi/mvumi.c:192:22: note: 'sg' was declared here
  struct scatterlist *sg;
                      ^~

Introduced by commit

  350d66a72adc ("scsi: mvumi: use sg helper to iterate over scatterlist")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell