Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the staging tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 17:38:55 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the staging tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

lib/Kconfig:132:error: recursive dependency detected!
lib/Kconfig:132:        symbol CRC32 is selected by XZ_DEC
lib/xz/Kconfig:2:       symbol XZ_DEC is selected by FW_LOADER_COMPRESS
drivers/base/firmware_loader/Kconfig:158:       symbol FW_LOADER_COMPRESS depends on FW_LOADER
drivers/base/firmware_loader/Kconfig:4: symbol FW_LOADER is selected by KS7010
drivers/staging/ks7010/Kconfig:2:       symbol KS7010 depends on CRYPTO_HASH
crypto/Kconfig:65:      symbol CRYPTO_HASH is selected by CRYPTO_CRC32_ARM_CE
arch/arm/crypto/Kconfig:123:    symbol CRYPTO_CRC32_ARM_CE depends on CRC32
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.rst
subsection "Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"

This is just while doing the "make multi_v7_defconfig".

Caused by commit

  3e5bc68fa596 ("staging: ks7010: Fix build error")

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell