Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the fbdev tree with the v4l-dvb tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 12:28:17 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the fbdev tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/media/pci/ivtv/ivtvfb.c

between commit:

  2161536516ed ("media: media/pci: set device_caps in struct video_device")

from the v4l-dvb tree and commit:

  deb00d2785be ("fbdev: make unregister/unlink functions not fail")

from the fbdev tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/media/pci/ivtv/ivtvfb.c
index 800b3654cac5,299ff032f528..000000000000
--- a/drivers/media/pci/ivtv/ivtvfb.c
+++ b/drivers/media/pci/ivtv/ivtvfb.c
@@@ -1251,16 -1246,7 +1251,12 @@@ static int ivtvfb_callback_cleanup(stru
  	struct osd_info *oi = itv->osd_info;
  
  	if (itv->v4l2_cap & V4L2_CAP_VIDEO_OUTPUT) {
 +		itv->streams[IVTV_DEC_STREAM_TYPE_YUV].vdev.device_caps &=
 +			~V4L2_CAP_VIDEO_OUTPUT_OVERLAY;
 +		itv->streams[IVTV_DEC_STREAM_TYPE_MPG].vdev.device_caps &=
 +			~V4L2_CAP_VIDEO_OUTPUT_OVERLAY;
 +		itv->v4l2_cap &= ~V4L2_CAP_VIDEO_OUTPUT_OVERLAY;
- 		if (unregister_framebuffer(&itv->osd_info->ivtvfb_info)) {
- 			IVTVFB_WARN("Framebuffer %d is in use, cannot unload\n",
- 				       itv->instance);
- 			return 0;
- 		}
+ 		unregister_framebuffer(&itv->osd_info->ivtvfb_info);
  		IVTVFB_INFO("Unregister framebuffer %d\n", itv->instance);
  		itv->ivtvfb_restore = NULL;
  		ivtvfb_blank(FB_BLANK_VSYNC_SUSPEND, &oi->ivtvfb_info);