Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the gpio tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 18:19:41 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the gpio tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

drivers/gpio/gpio-amd-fch.c: In function 'amd_fch_gpio_probe':
drivers/gpio/gpio-amd-fch.c:171:49: warning: passing argument 2 of 'devm_ioremap_resource' discards 'const' qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
  priv->base = devm_ioremap_resource(&pdev->dev, &amd_fch_gpio_iores);
                                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from include/linux/platform_device.h:13,
                 from drivers/gpio/gpio-amd-fch.c:15:
include/linux/device.h:708:15: note: expected 'struct resource *' but argument is of type 'const struct resource *'
 void __iomem *devm_ioremap_resource(struct device *dev, struct resource *res);
               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Introduced by commit

  9bb2e0452508 ("gpio: amd: Make resource struct const")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell