Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the hwmon-staging tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 12:26:58 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the hwmon-staging tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) produced this warning:

drivers/hwmon/lm90.c: In function 'lm90_write_convrate':
drivers/hwmon/lm90.c:597:42: warning: 'config_stop' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
  if (data->flags & LM90_PAUSE_FOR_CONFIG && config_orig != config_stop)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/hwmon/lm90.c:598:3: warning: 'config_orig' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
   i2c_smbus_write_byte_data(client, LM90_REG_W_CONFIG1,
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        config_orig);
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Introduced by commit

  479a503fa073 ("hwmon: (lm90) Fix max6658 sporadic wrong temperature reading")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell