Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the bpf-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 14:57:22 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the bpf-next tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_main.c:1605:5: error: conflicting types for 'mlx5e_open_cq'
 int mlx5e_open_cq(struct mlx5e_channel *c, struct dim_cq_moder moder,
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_main.c:43:
drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en.h:977:5: note: previous declaration of 'mlx5e_open_cq' was here
 int mlx5e_open_cq(struct mlx5e_channel *c, struct net_dim_cq_moder moder,
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  8960b38932be ("linux/dim: Rename externally used net_dim members")

from the net-next tree interacting with commit

  db05815b36cb ("net/mlx5e: Add XSK zero-copy support")

I have applied the following merge fix patch.

From 8e92dbee0daa6bac412daebd08073ba9ca31c7a6 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 14:55:02 +1000
Subject: [PATCH] net/mlx5e: fix up for "linux/dim: Rename externally used
 net_dim members"

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en.h | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en.h b/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en.h
index 9cebaa642727..f0d77eb66acf 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en.h
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en.h
@@ -974,7 +974,7 @@ int mlx5e_open_xdpsq(struct mlx5e_channel *c, struct mlx5e_params *params,
 void mlx5e_close_xdpsq(struct mlx5e_xdpsq *sq);
 
 struct mlx5e_cq_param;
-int mlx5e_open_cq(struct mlx5e_channel *c, struct net_dim_cq_moder moder,
+int mlx5e_open_cq(struct mlx5e_channel *c, struct dim_cq_moder moder,
 		  struct mlx5e_cq_param *param, struct mlx5e_cq *cq);
 void mlx5e_close_cq(struct mlx5e_cq *cq);
 
-- 
2.20.1

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell