Subject: Re: Adding some trees to linux-next?

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 01:49:44 +1000

Hi Darrick,

On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 08:35:52 -0700 "Darrick J. Wong" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Could you add my iomap-for-next and vfs-for-next branches to linux-next,
> please?  They can be found here:
> 
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfs-linux.git#iomap-for-next
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfs-linux.git#vfs-for-next
> 
> I've decided that trying to munge all that through the xfs for-next
> branch is too much insanity and splitting them up will help me prevent
> my head from falling off.

Added from today.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]