Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the block tree with the xfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 13:19:48 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the block tree got a conflict in:

  fs/xfs/xfs_aops.c

between commit:

  a24737359667 ("xfs: simplify xfs_chain_bio")

from the xfs tree and commit:

  79d08f89bb1b ("block: fix .bi_size overflow")

from the block tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc fs/xfs/xfs_aops.c
index bb769d9c5250,11f703d4a605..000000000000
--- a/fs/xfs/xfs_aops.c
+++ b/fs/xfs/xfs_aops.c
@@@ -790,8 -782,8 +790,8 @@@ xfs_add_to_ioend
  		atomic_inc(&iop->write_count);
  
  	if (!merged) {
- 		if (bio_full(wpc->ioend->io_bio))
+ 		if (bio_full(wpc->ioend->io_bio, len))
 -			xfs_chain_bio(wpc->ioend, wbc, bdev, sector);
 +			wpc->ioend->io_bio = xfs_chain_bio(wpc->ioend->io_bio);
  		bio_add_page(wpc->ioend->io_bio, page, len, poff);
  	}