Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] drm/amdgpu: adopt to hmm_range_register API change

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2019 07:32:14 +1000

Hi Alex,

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 17:09:16 -0400 Alex Deucher <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Go ahead and respin your patch as per the suggestion above.  then I
> can apply it I can either merge hmm into amd's drm-next or we can just
> provide the conflict fix patch whichever is easier.  Which hmm branch
> is for 5.3?
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rdma/rdma.git/?h=hmm

Please do not merge the hmm tree into yours - especially if the
conflict comes down to just a few lines.  Linus has addressed this in
the past.  There is a possibility that he may take some objection to
the hmm tree (for example) and then your tree (and consequently the drm
tree) would also not be mergeable.

Just supply Linus with a hint about the conflict resolution.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell