Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the input-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 09:54:16 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the input-current tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

drivers/input/mouse/elantech.c: In function 'elantech_use_host_notify':
drivers/input/mouse/elantech.c:1843:6: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
   if (dmi_get_bios_year() >= 2018)
      ^
drivers/input/mouse/elantech.c:1845:2: note: here
  default:
  ^~~~~~~

Introduced by commit

  883a2a80f79c ("Input: elantech - enable SMBus on new (2018+) systems")

I get these warnings because I am building with -Wimplicit-fallthrough
in attempt to catch new additions early.  The gcc warning can be turned
off by adding a /* fall through */ comment at the point the fall through
happens (assuming that the fall through is intentional).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell