Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the hwmon-staging tree with the mips tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 11:35:00 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the hwmon-staging tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/hwmon/jz4740-hwmon.c

between commit:

  d202742058b2 ("hwmon: Drop obsolete JZ4740 driver")

from the mips tree and commit:

  8d91bfd06bc1 ("hwmon: Remove dev_err() usage after platform_get_irq()")

from the hwmon-staging tree.

I fixed it up (I just removed the file) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell