Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the qcom tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 10:08:03 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the qcom tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c: In function 'socinfo_debugfs_init':
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:323:3: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
   debugfs_create_x32("raw_device_number", 0400,
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        qcom_socinfo->dbg_root,
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        &qcom_socinfo->info.raw_device_num);
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:326:2: note: here
  case SOCINFO_VERSION(0, 11):
  ^~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:331:3: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
   debugfs_create_u32("foundry_id", 0400, qcom_socinfo->dbg_root,
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        &qcom_socinfo->info.foundry_id);
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:333:2: note: here
  case SOCINFO_VERSION(0, 8):
  ^~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:231:2: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
  debugfs_create_file(__stringify(name), 0400,   \
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        qcom_socinfo->dbg_root,   \
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        info, &qcom_ ##name## _ops)
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:336:3: note: in expansion of macro 'DEBUGFS_ADD'
   DEBUGFS_ADD(info, pmic_die_rev);
   ^~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:337:2: note: here
  case SOCINFO_VERSION(0, 6):
  ^~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:341:3: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
   debugfs_create_u32("hardware_platform_subtype", 0400,
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        qcom_socinfo->dbg_root,
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        &qcom_socinfo->info.hw_plat_subtype);
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:344:2: note: here
  case SOCINFO_VERSION(0, 5):
  ^~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:348:3: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
   debugfs_create_u32("accessory_chip", 0400,
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        qcom_socinfo->dbg_root,
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        &qcom_socinfo->info.accessory_chip);
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:351:2: note: here
  case SOCINFO_VERSION(0, 4):
  ^~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:354:3: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
   debugfs_create_u32("platform_version", 0400,
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        qcom_socinfo->dbg_root,
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        &qcom_socinfo->info.plat_ver);
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:357:2: note: here
  case SOCINFO_VERSION(0, 3):
  ^~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:360:3: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
   debugfs_create_u32("hardware_platform", 0400,
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        qcom_socinfo->dbg_root,
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        &qcom_socinfo->info.hw_plat);
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:363:2: note: here
  case SOCINFO_VERSION(0, 2):
  ^~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:366:3: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
   debugfs_create_u32("raw_version", 0400, qcom_socinfo->dbg_root,
   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        &qcom_socinfo->info.raw_ver);
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/soc/qcom/socinfo.c:368:2: note: here
  case SOCINFO_VERSION(0, 1):
  ^~~~

Introduced by commit

  9c84c1e78634 ("soc: qcom: socinfo: Expose custom attributes")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell