Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Aug 7 (mm/khugepaged.c)

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 14:27:55 -0700

On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 21:00:04 +0000 Song Liu <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >> 
> >> Shall I resend the patch, or shall I send fix on top of current patch?
> > 
> > Either is OK.  If the difference is small I will turn it into an
> > incremental patch so that I (and others) can see what changed.
> 
> Please find the patch to fix this at the end of this email. It applies 
> right on top of "khugepaged: enable collapse pmd for pte-mapped THP". 
> It may conflict a little with the "Enable THP for text section of 
> non-shmem files" set, which renames function khugepaged_scan_shmem(). 
> 
> Also, I found v3 of the set in linux-next. The latest is v4:
> 
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/8/2/1587
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/8/2/1588
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/8/2/1589

It's all a bit confusing.  I'll drop 

mm-move-memcmp_pages-and-pages_identical.patch
uprobe-use-original-page-when-all-uprobes-are-removed.patch
uprobe-use-original-page-when-all-uprobes-are-removed-v2.patch
mm-thp-introduce-foll_split_pmd.patch
mm-thp-introduce-foll_split_pmd-v11.patch
uprobe-use-foll_split_pmd-instead-of-foll_split.patch
khugepaged-enable-collapse-pmd-for-pte-mapped-thp.patch
uprobe-collapse-thp-pmd-after-removing-all-uprobes.patch

Please resolve Oleg's review comments and resend everything.